Every weekend (Saturday + Sunday) at 7.30 a.m in the morning
For tourers, snow-shoe hikers and Alpine lodge sitters who are early-risers, the popular 'tourers cable car rides' will be running from 13/02/2021 at 7.30 a.m., every weekend (Saturday + Sunday) until end of winter season.
Tourers early rides:
- When: from 13/02/2021, every weekend (Saturday + Sunday)
- Time: Early cable car journey at 7.30 a.m. (only ascent)
Cable car & Lift facilities
- The cable cars are open from 8.30 a.m. (section I)
- Lift faclities from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
The early tourer ride by Dachstein Krippenstein cable car is possible with a
- valid day skipass / ticket for the Dachstein Krippenstein
- valid winter season pass (Dachstein West, Salzburg Super Ski Card, Snow + Fun Card) for the Freesports Arena Dachstein Krippenstein or
- purchase of a tourers -/ Rumpler card for 22.50 €
The price included cable car ascent to Krippenstein and ascent with the lifts on the Dachstein glacier (Mitterstein chairlift and Schladming glacier lift).
21 km from the Dachstein glacier to Obertraun
The Krippenstein is the ideal starting point for numerous tours into the Dachstein massif: whether from the Krippenstein the classic crossing route over the "Rumpler" to the Dachstein glacier with the 21 km-long descent to Obertraun or a half-day tour to the Zwölferkogel or Heilbronner cross.
Rumpler ticket for ski tourers
There is also the "Rumpler ticket" for all tourers! For the price of € 22.50 the cable car brings all ski tourers and winter sports enthusiasts to the Krippenstein summit. In this ticket is the ascent with the lifts on the Dachstein glacier (Mitterstein chairlift and Schladming glacier lift) included.
Please note when planning your ski tour: Due to the high alpine location, there can be rapid changes in the weather conditions on the Dachstein glacier. Depending on the weather (e.g. wind), the operation of the Dachstein glacier lifts (Mitterstein & Schladminger lift) must be stopped at short notice and the piste ascent made on skis (instead of using the lift).
The Krippenstein peak will be waiting for you early in the morning, with the best sunrises in the Alps! Hint: Rumpler ticket for ski tourers.