Every weekend (Saturday + Sunday) at 7.30 a.m in the morning
For tourers, snow-shoe hikers and Alpine lodge sitters who are early-risers, the popular 'tourers cable car rides' will be running every weekend (Saturday + Sunday) until end of winter season.
Tourers early rides:
- From 18.02.2023
- When: every weekend (Saturday + Sunday) until end of season
- Time: Early cable car journey at 7.30 a.m. (only ascent)
Cable car & Lift facilities
- The cable cars are open from 8.30 a.m. (section 1)
- Lift faclities from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
Early tourers ride by Dachstein Krippenstein cable car is possible:
- valid day ski pass for Dachstein Krippenstein
- valid season ski pass (Dachstein West, Super Ski Card, Snow + Fun Card) for the Freesports Arena Dachstein Krippenstein or
- buy a Rumpler ticket (ticket for tourers)
Tip: Buy your ticket conviently in our Onlineshop or onsite at our ticket machine
21 km from the Dachstein glacier to Obertraun
The Krippenstein is the ideal starting point for numerous ski tours into the Dachstein massif: whether from the Krippenstein the classic crossing route over the "Rumpler" to the Dachstein glacier with the 21 km-long descent to Obertraun or a half-day tour to the Zwölferkogel or Heilbronner cross.
TIP: Rumpler ticket for all tourers! The cable car takes all ski tourers and winter sports enthusiasts to the Krippenstein and into the ski tourers paradies on the Dachstein plateau.
Dachstein Südwandbahn incl. galcier lifts are closed in the winter season, no ski lift operation.No trace of the Dachstein glacier. Latest info Sündwandbahn: www.derdachstein.at
The Krippenstein peak will be waiting for you early in the morning, with the best sunrises in the Alps! Hint: Rumpler ticket for ski tourers.